Fresh from the testing chamber, nine new products based on the popular video game franchise
Fairfax, VA- December 2, 2011 - ThinkGeek is proud to announce nine new Portal 2 products as part of its licensing agreement with Valve.
“Saving science might be a bit of a stretch,” said Ty Liotta, head of ThinkGeek’s GeekLabs custom products development group, “but as fans of Portal 2 we’re excited to bring these amazing products to our customers.”
● Aperture Laboratories Shower Curtain – At long last, fans of Aperture Laboratories can put their hands on the product that started it all: military-grade shower curtains. ThinkGeek presents gamers with their very own Aperture Science shower curtain to transform their bathroom into a test chamber. This collectible curtain is available now for $19.99.
● Portal Companion Cube Cookie Jar – A replica of the Weighted Companion Cube that makes a prominent appearance as an inanimate, but lovable, puzzle solving device in the original Portal. Available soon for $29.99.
● PortalCookieCutters- Of course, a cookie jar without cookies is like an empty test chamber in your soul. So fill up your new Companion Cube Cookie Jar with delicious treats inspired by the “warning signs” featured in the game. The Portal Cookie Cutters feature an all metal construction and come in a collectible Companion Cube tin. Available now for $19.99.
● PortalBookends - 4”x5” solid metal bookends to maintain the vertical orientation your impressive collection of science textbooks. One end shows the Portal test subject icon entering through an orange entry portal, while the other end shows him exiting through a blue exit portal. Available now for $29.99.
● Portal 2 PlushTurretwithSound – A classic character from Portal video game series, this Turret features motion detection, light, sound and vibration. When sensing motion, the Portal 2 Plush Turret reacts with voice and simulated machine gun fire. To “disable” it, you just tip it over like you would in the game. Start assembling your Turret army for just $34.99.
● Wheatley LED Flashlight – A 2” tall version of the smart talking Wheatley character, simply push a button, and a super-bright LED flashlight emanates from Wheatley’s “eye” to illuminate your surroundings. Available now for $19.99.
● Portal 2 PotatOS Science Kit – Create your own GLaDOS with a PotatOS Science Kit including electronic talking GLaDOS module. You provide the potato and some simple assembly. Even Wheatley could do it. Available soon for $29.99.
● Portal Turret LED Flashlight with Sound – Standing just 3” tall, this intricately detailed replica of the Turret enemies will light your way with a red LED beam, emanating from the Turret’s eye. With a push of the button on the side, you can hear the turret talk, just like in the game. Available now for $24.99.
● Portal 2 CaveJohnsonTalkingPortrait – The most amazing man ever, Cave Johnson, founder of Aperture, repeats his famous motivational quotes from Portal 2. Suitable decoration for any room or test chamber in your home. Available now for $39.99.
ThinkGeek is the premier retailer for the global geek community. A wholly owned subsidiary of Geeknet, Inc. (NASDAQ: GKNT), ThinkGeek was founded in 1999 to serve the distinct needs and interests of technology professionals and enthusiasts. Today, ThinkGeek has grown to become the first choice for innovative and imaginative gifts that appeal to the geek in everyone. ThinkGeek is currently ranked #192 on Internet Retailer’s list of America’s 500 largest e-retailers. For more information, please visit thinkgeek.com or call 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.
Geeknet is home to some of the best known brands in the geek universe, and is the online network for the global geek community. We serve an audience of over 53 million users each month and provide the tech-obsessed with content, culture, connections, commerce, and all the things that geeks crave. Want to learn more? Check outgeek.net.
Geeknet is a trademark of Geeknet, Inc. SourceForge, Slashdot, ThinkGeek, and Freecode are trademarks of Geeknet, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks or product names are property of their respective owners.
Max Borges Agency